Information Guide For Persons Detained In Adult Settlements

Print version – PDF, 327 kb

Important: If, for any reason stated in the Human Rights Code (eg language barrier or physical or intellectual disability), you have difficulty reading or understanding this guide, please inform the staff, who will make sure you get the help you need (see Human Rights section ). This applies to all documents (p. Ex. A report on misconduct, information isolation, etc.) prepaid account for inmates and forms (p. Ex. Form application ) which will be given during your incarceration.

You will find a form application is often needed to talk to someone or get help. If you or another inmate need help to understand or complete the form application , please notify a member of staff. If your request is related to the reasons set out in the Human Rights Code, indicate this clearly in your form request .

Disclaimer: This guide is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide legal advice. For advice on a specific problem, please contact your lawyer.


  • Access to information and protection of privacy
  • Fresh air and exercise
  • Fire alarm and evacuation
  • fines
  • Functional devices
  • prepaid account for inmates
  • Phone prepaid account for inmates
  • Personal property and cash
  • Gifts
  • Canteen
  • Classification
  • Behaviors and expectations
  • Trust accounts
  • Smuggling
  • Canadian Red Cross
  • requests
  • Detention on immigration grounds
  • Detainees who are deaf, deafened or hard of hearing
  • Human Rights
  • Discrimination and harassment
  • adaptations
  • Reprisals
  • Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
  • Isolation
  • Conditional liberation
  • Bail
  • Books and periodicals of the library
  • Misbehavior
  • Alimony orders
  • Organizational Chart and Directory of Institutional Services
  • Addresses of the Assistant Deputy Minister and Regional Directors
  • Pardon (suspension of the locker)
  • complaints
  • Release Planning
  • Temporary absence program
  • programs
  • Earned reduction of sentence
  • Diets
  • Services
  • Personal care
  • Direct monitoring
  • Video and audio monitoring and recording
  • Treatment and treatment centers
  • transfer
  • Dispute resolution unit for clients
  • visits
  • Vote

Access to information and protection of privacy

Under the Ministry of Correctional Services Act, the Department may collect your personal information for a variety of reasons, including assessment, prepaid account for inmates classification, health care, surveillance, transfers, misconduct, program development, release planning, temporary absence and parole.

Under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act , you can ask to view or obtain a copy of your correctional records.

To do this, you must submit a form request to the clerk offender records. They will decide whether the information is available to you or if you have to go to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Office for the justice sector.

You can contact the Office of Access to Information and Privacy by sending a letter or Request for Access or Correction form. To obtain a copy, make a request to the staff. If you write a letter, you must indicate your full name and date of birth, and specify what information you want.

You will be required to pay a fee of $ 5 before your application can be sent to the Office of Access to Information and Privacy for the Justice Sector. These rights can not be refunded, canceled or paid at a later date prepaid account for inmates

You must send your letter or Application for Access or Correction form to the Inmate Trust Fund Clerk at your institution. The clerk will pay the $ 5 fee and the cost of the money with the money from your trust account, before sending your request to the Access to Information and Privacy Office for the sector. of Justice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *